Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual monitors - right monitor shifts downward

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hateclowns

hateclowns

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

I have a dual monitor setup... both monitors are identical and running the same resolution, on a NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS/XT.

I noticed a problem when I moved my mouse from the left to right monitor, the cursor would drop about two inches. Then if I have a window span both monitors, the half on the right monitor is about two inches lower. I tried screencapping this, but as you can see the window is even. You can, however, see the backgrounds are completely shifted on the two monitors.

Posted Image

One other annoyance is that if the cursor is at the top-left of the right monitor, I can't move it to the left monitor without bringing the cursor down first.

Since both monitors are the same resolution, what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bassplayer15

Bassplayer15

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:09 AM

Since you have a NVIDIA card, you should be able to right-click your desktop and go to the NVIDIA control panel. From there under the "Display" tab there should be a tab that says "Adjust desktop size and position." It allows you to adjust your screen position. This should be able to fix your problem.
Grace is given freely, but respect must be earned.

#3 Barajiqal

Barajiqal

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

I would also check your drivers and make sure you have the correct/ most up to date ones and see if that might not help as well.

-Bar
"I am Become Death, Destroyer of Worlds" - (Verse 32 Chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita) Robert J Oppenheimer

"Any Man Who Has a Habit and Cannot Bear to Share it Should not Have the Habit at All" - Misqoute From Rolland of Gillead in the Stephen King Series The Dark Tower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users