Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Starcraft 2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 k77996

k77996

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

Hi, I currently play starcraft 2 on medium quality but it is recommended that I play it on ultra. When I play the game on ultra, I lag when a lot of units are made. I think it is because of my cpu, but I'm not sure.
I currently have an

ATI 5770
AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core 5200 (2.72 ghz)
4gb RAM (although only 3.25 gigs are used I believe because I am running Vista Home Premium 32bit)
I am using a 23" 1920x1080 resolution screen along with a small 15" on the side

Is there any way I can play the game on high or ultra settings without it lagging? I have read that Vista Aero theme affects your graphics, but not by much. Thanks.

edit: would I be able to overclock my cpu if that is the problem? I don't have much experience overclocking things.

Edited by k77996, 28 July 2010 - 08:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kennzsniper

kennzsniper

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

I played SC2 beta with X2 AM2 5200 with Geforce 9500 GT on windows 7 and it lags, specially during skirmishes.

You might want to consult with Activision Blizzard on whats is the optimal setting you can do to do away with the lag.

Keep in mind that even Frozen Throne with these settings lag during skirmishes, so it might not be your video but could relatively be a network latency issue.
Hardware tech when I was in college.
1st job was a network support for SOHO
2nd job was lappy tech
3rd Job way out of my league but its nice...

#3 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:47 PM

Hi, I currently play starcraft 2 on medium quality but it is recommended that I play it on ultra. When I play the game on ultra, I lag when a lot of units are made. I think it is because of my cpu, but I'm not sure.
I currently have an

ATI 5770
AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core 5200 (2.72 ghz)
4gb RAM (although only 3.25 gigs are used I believe because I am running Vista Home Premium 32bit)
I am using a 23" 1920x1080 resolution screen along with a small 15" on the side

Is there any way I can play the game on high or ultra settings without it lagging? I have read that Vista Aero theme affects your graphics, but not by much. Thanks.

edit: would I be able to overclock my cpu if that is the problem? I don't have much experience overclocking things.

From my understanding, RTS games are highly dependent upon the CPU. Overclocking won't help you, getting a quad core will.

Your video card is lower end as well. You'd need at least a 5800 series or better or a GTX 460 or better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users