Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fake Virus Software loaded - Now blue screen @ startup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 katman0625

katman0625

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

The last time my computer was used, a bogus virus software program came up saying my computer was infected and to scan for viruses. My Trend Mico Virus software did not catch this and is now disabled. Since then, the computer has been shut down and now cannot boot to Windows without going to a blue screen.

Technical information reads...

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0x0000005,0x86543963,0xF7A208B4,0xF7A205B0)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

A restart after this message allows the option to start the computer in Safe Mode but will only work without networking.

Not sure what to do from here...

Edited by hamluis, 28 July 2010 - 07:02 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users