Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buidling A New Comp....troubles?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deschain

Deschain

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:53 PM

Hi im trying to build a high end performance pc for gaming and this is what i got so far for my performance pieces

-GIGABYTE GA-K8N Pro-SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
-eVGA Geforce 7800GTX 256-P2-N525-AX Video Card
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
-2gb of Kingston RAM
-Sony DVD/CDRW drive
-180 GB HDD

now i need to know what kind of power supply i should go with. I was thinking of going with a 550w but im not sure if thatll be enough. Also im gonna play it out with the cooling through fans. If that doenst work out too well ill go with the liquid cooling. Can someone help me with what power supply i should go with?

Edited by Deschain, 24 October 2005 - 10:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Exspider

Exspider

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:19 PM

Wouldn't skimp on the pwr supply with that one deschain. Put that in an Antec Super Lanboy case with 120 mm fans and give it some air at least. Fluid cooling would cost you extra for sure but might be worth doing. Add a couple SATA drives and hold on tight. Let us know how it works out!
:thumbsup:

Edited by Exspider, 24 October 2005 - 10:22 PM.

Your friends and the numbers all add up, we're just here to count them.......
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:45 AM

550w should be enough, unless you plan to do some serious overclocking.
A large case (Antec makes very good ones) with two sets of fans should provide enough cooling for most purposes.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users