Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hahaz

Hahaz

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

Is there someway to use a external graphics card when you have one intergreted graphics card?

I'm hopefully going to buy a better graphics card with some RAM later on.
It'd really help if I didn't have to buy a need computer to get a better gameplay.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:47 PM

If you have a corresponding motherboard graphics card or PCI slot...which is of the same type of the graphics card that you wish to install...yes, you can install a physical card.

System or motherboard manufacturer of the currently installed graphics chip?

Generally speaking...onboard/integrated graphics can be disabled in the BIOS (if necessary) when using a physical video card with a board having onboard graphics. I say "if necessary" because it seems that some boards automatically may make an installed physical card...the graphics component used.

Louis

#3 Hahaz

Hahaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

If you have a corresponding motherboard graphics card or PCI slot...which is of the same type of the graphics card that you wish to install...yes, you can install a physical card.

System or motherboard manufacturer of the currently installed graphics chip?

Generally speaking...onboard/integrated graphics can be disabled in the BIOS (if necessary) when using a physical video card with a board having onboard graphics. I say "if necessary" because it seems that some boards automatically may make an installed physical card...the graphics component used.

Louis

Yes, the Graphics card will be from the same manufacturer Nvidia.
I don't know wither I have a PCI slot. Is there someway to check?

#4 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

I don't know wither I have a PCI slot. Is there someway to check?

you can check it from your CPU or motherboard...
so please provide us brand and type of your CPU manufacture...

Edited by abauw, 28 July 2010 - 05:34 PM.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users