Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 heshie75v

heshie75v

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

How safe are those sites that offer automatic updates to your Windows Drivers.. Are these sites safe and/or are there sites that someone could recommed.
Thqanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

the best option to download a driver is from manufacture website...
the second option is only if the manufacture/brand has broke...if that happens you can download it from chipset manufacture...example you looking an audio driver from realtek...you can download it from realtek website (if you knew the type of audio chipset)...
the third option is only if CPU manufacture and chipset manufacture has broke..you can download it from another website...but take you own risk when you download/install that driver...

something there are someone or group that some nasty thing...hope you understand what I say...

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

There's no reason to automatically download/install drivers...when your system is working well.

As stated, the best procedure is to get drivers directly from the appropriate website, be that system manufacturer or component manufacturer.

As for auto updates...I don't even like that concept from Microsoft's website, which is entirely trustworthy (except when it comes to downloading drivers). Users in my world ought to know what's being installed on their systems...and why.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users