Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting time back without system restore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 avz10

avz10

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:20 AM

Is there a way to set the time back without using system restore? I dont want to delete everything. I have Windows 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:46 PM

The term system restore can mean 2 different things.

The answer to your question lies in how YOU define system restore.

Do you mean reinstall Windows 7 when you say system restore? This will cause you to lose everything on your computer.
Backing up anything you don't want to lose will allow you to copy back to the computer after the OS reinstall.
Many people call this a "system restore" when in reality it is a system recovery.

What system restore is:

System Restore uses restore points to return your system files and settings to an earlier point in time, without affecting personal files. For more information, see What is System Restore?

System Restore affects Windows system files, programs, and registry settings. It can also make changes to scripts, batch files, and other types of executable files on your computer.

Note
System Restore does not affect personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos, so it cannot help you restore a deleted file. If you have backups of your files, you can restore the files from a backup.

from
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...asked-questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users