Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Auto-Run Application on WLAN Connection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 strepuiu

strepuiu

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

Is there a way to run an application when the pc connects to a wireless network ? If so, then that program (that is run when connected to a wireless lan) would also need access to the name (SSID) of the wireless network that the computer is connected to, so it can do specific tasks depending on which wireless lan is connected.

Specifically I want to run nvspbind application (from Microsoft) in order to enable/disable "File and printer sharing" and "Client for Microsoft Networks" on my WLAN adapter, depending on what wireless network I am in. I do not trust all wireless networks, so I would prefer disabling the above two components while I am on an untrusted network, because those are not needed and are also security holes. And I don't want to do that manually. I did not find a way to automate this process.

Thank you in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 strepuiu

strepuiu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:23 AM

Nobody ?

#3 strepuiu

strepuiu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:00 AM

Finally, I solved the problem. I had to build a C++ program in order to accomplish this. I attache it to my reply. I hope someone will find it useful. AutoWLAN.zip

#4 strepuiu

strepuiu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:24 AM

The link above takes to the new multi-adapter application. See readme.txt for details

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users