Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C drive space missing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GalaxyTurbo

GalaxyTurbo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:35 AM

Earlier today, I was on my PC when AVG's Resident Shield opened up with some infections. So, I chose immediately to remove them but it stated "Critical files cannot be removed". I chose Close and the same Resident Shield window kept showing up with me unable to remove them. The infected files themselves had path names like Java and MS Office, sorry, I can't remember the names exactly...

A little later, a message came near the system ray saying space is low in C drive. I had about 2.2 GB and when I went to check it, there was only about 60MB left! I was baffled, I hadn't downloaded or installed anything and yet the space kept dropping. This is probably a virus' doing.

I'm extremely worried about this. I'm not really aware of how you use things like HijackFix or something, so I really need help.

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users