Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows complains about Asus Fastboot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jayson201

Jayson201

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:41 AM

Windows complains Fastboot is a pain in the Asus. (That was a cheesy pun)

Windows likes to tell me, on multiple recent occasions, that Asus Fastboot is slowing stuff down.
I have reinstalled it like Windows recommended, but obviously that did not work like Windows wanted it to.
and just now, Looking in Task Manager (Ima random nerd like that) I saw the FastBoot program running in the processes tab. Using 2 different processes. Using over 100Mb each. Megabytes that I like to keep to myself for those RAM demanding programs.
Whats funny, is I have set Fastboot not to run.
Whats funnier...I cannot find Fastboot in the start menu at all, and it has been there before.
So that brings me to the first question. Should I just uninstall it and make it leave me alone?

and onto my second question. I know there are programs out there that let you allow, deny, delay, and delete programs from startup to increase speed, and Im pretty sure thats EXACTLY how Fastboot works. but if one of you guys on here uses Fastboot (or Has used it) and know that its different than that, can you tell me how, please?
and Id like to find a program that does TIME the startup, like Fastboot does. (Current time is 3:46...HORRIBLE >.< )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users