Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blank add/remove programs as well as other files.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 themilliganwoman

themilliganwoman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:21 AM

Hello,
I have a IBM Think pad that is running windows 2000 pro sp4. I had recently did an update through microsoft that seemed to

help speed up my really slow computer. Then it started to slow again and I had eusing free registry cleaner I ran it to find that

there was nothing wrong with them.I had avast installed about a month ago and then all of a sudden it was stopped I tried

starting it through my computer,manage,services to see it was running.Install after uninstalling and nothing thats when i

found that my add/remove programs were blank a white screen where programs are to be listed, and a gray box to the

left where the option to switch from program to hardware and wizard install should be and the words listing small wrote

acrossed the whole top of the file. trying a nother way to get to some of them I ran the search through the start panel to

find that it wouldent even open nothing in the task manager at all no matter how many time i clicked on search files and
folders nothing.

Thats were i found going through the my computer icon then drive C disk then WINNT and open it to also blank same

white but at the bottom it shows 95 objects and 107 files hidden weird . I contuned to find program files, are blank too but

say s at the bottom that 32 objects and 4 hidden are in there.I found a post from some one with the same prob with there

add/ remove programs at ehow.com and it said to reinstall internet explore i did also re-registried the libray files nothing

works i have done more but off the top of my head cant rember all of it i really need some advice and if i tried it ill let you

know i don't understand the hijack this log so i did'nt touch a thing and came here for help i don't know where or what to do now

P.S i was trying to install a new virus scanner and nothing almost six diffrent ones would'nt load do to dynamic libray links .dll were missing.

please some one professinal help and thank you for your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I read your description and realize you are in quite a jam.
One thing you do not want to do is run any registery programs as those can add insult to injury and often add to the problem rather than fix it.

I want to suggest a program that may run on your computer, its worth a try, I want you to download MalwareBytes anti-malware, install it, update it, then do a full system scan.
Here is the download link please click the FREE version button at this link. Mawarebytes Anti malware http://www.malwarebytes.org/

I realize your also suffering issues with possible operating system corruption as well, we can work through a possible repair of your operating system once we know your computer is clean of any malware.

Kind regards and good luck.

If this program fails to function, please post back, there are ways to get scanners to run one way or another. :thumbsup:

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 08 August 2010 - 10:25 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users