Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I turn OFF User Account Control reminders?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bultaco

Bultaco

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:43 PM

I've turned off the bothersome user account control......so I no longer get the slap on the wrist error/warning saying "You can't do that because you aren't the boss of me".....but I still get the continuous "Check Your User Account Control Settings. User account control is turned off......blah blah blah blah blah" dialogue/warning box appearing in the lower right corner on a constant, annoying basis.

It does disappear.....after about 10 seconds of sitting there.......but, it IS annoying.

Can someone please tell me how to disable this reminder message?

Thanks,
Michael

Edited by Bultaco, 27 July 2010 - 10:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:49 AM

here is the way :-
Control Panel > Classic View > choose Security Center icon >left panel, click Change the way Security Center alerts me > Choose Don't notify me, but display the icon

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/14...turned-off.html

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 henrylol2

henrylol2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:20 AM

I've turned off the bothersome user account control......so I no longer get the slap on the wrist error/warning saying "You can't do that because you aren't the boss of me".....but I still get the continuous "Check Your User Account Control Settings. User account control is turned off......blah blah blah blah blah" dialogue/warning box appearing in the lower right corner on a constant, annoying basis.

It does disappear.....after about 10 seconds of sitting there.......but, it IS annoying.

Can someone please tell me how to disable this reminder message?

Thanks,
Michael

To turn of UAC
1)Click on the start orb
2)Click on control panel
3)Click on user accounts and family safety (If your in classic view click on user accounts)
4)Click on User account
5)Click on Turn user account control on or off
6)Uncheck that box and click on ok
7)Restart your Pc

This is not recommend though because it can put your security on risk , I highly recommand getting it on but as of the error message get this program Here This is like Uac but at norton labs they made one like Uac so you can turn windows vista Uac off and use norton and you wont get the messages again i think :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users