Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exploring Files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nicetobeme98

nicetobeme98

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:47 PM

Wow what a problem!!!!. Windows 2000pro machine. When under normal mode in windows, no files show up in any folders however the folder properties show that there are files and the size of the folder. I can view the files in safe mode. The only problem that I seen was a file named winfixer on the desktop, I ran ewido and ccleaner also autoruns to get rid of that problem thinking that my files would return on normal bootup. Had another expert windows 2000 server tech come to my store and look at the security services, He found nothing out of the ordinary. When you open the folders in normal mode there is a Red X in the top left corner, just like you get when you have JAVA problems on web sites. I have talked personally to a few of my friends that are technicians for other companies and none of them have an answer. Please help me if you can.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IsMe

IsMe

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:41 PM

Winfixer is know malware and is probably the cause of your problem. Search the Internet for how to get rid of Winfixer and go from there. It is not an easy one to remove. I believe the antispyware software called XoftSpy can do it.

Edited by jgweed, 25 October 2005 - 01:14 AM.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:51 PM

Try this link for starters.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/w...2005-11713.html
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 nicetobeme98

nicetobeme98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:14 AM

I was able to get rid of winfixer. I still can not find why all of my folders will not view the contents. There is a Red X in the top left corner of all my folders. This is the problem I need to fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users