You may have missed a step in the process. Since we are dealing with XP, lets try another option:
Here is what you need to do. (Read these instructions carefully.)Please print this guide for future reference!
- Download the PE Builder to your desktop
- Double-Click on the PE Builder that you just downloaded to your desktop.
- Follow all of the instructions/prompts that come up.
- Insert your XP CD with SP1/SP2/SP3 into a CD Rom drive
- Double-Click on PE Builder.exe located on your desktop.
- Click NO to Search for Windows Installation Files
- Make the following selections from the Main Screen that pops up:
- Source:(path to Windows installation files)
- Enter the path to the drive where your XP CD is located.
- You can click on the "..." button on the right to navigate to the path as well.
- Custom: (include files and folders from this directory)
- No information is necessary, leave blank.
- Keep the default
- Media output
- Choose Create ISO image
- Do not choose Burn to CD/DVD
- Download the RunScanner plugin and save it to your desktop
- Press the Plugin button on the PE Builder interface
- Press the Add button and navigate to the location of the RunScanner plugin to install
- Please note: You will be prompted for the folder that it shall be saved. By default it appears as runscanner10025. It should be modified to just runscanner. This is important!!!
- Please note: If you are using a Windows XP disc with sp2 then highlight RpsSS needs to launch DComLaunch and then press Enable
- When your done press Close and the PE Builder interface will re-appear
- Click on the "Build" button
- You will see the Windows EULA message. Click on I Agree
- You will now see the Build Screen. Let it run it's course
- When the Build is finished you can click close, then exit
- Burn your ISO file to CD
- Please Click Here for information on how to burn an ISO to CD.
From your clean computer, please download OTLPE.zip
from any of the following links:Link 1Link 2
Save this file on your desktop, but extract its contents to the Flash Drive.
Plug your flash drive into your sick computer now and do as instructed below..1. Restart Your sick Computer Using the PE Builder ISO CD That You Have Created
- Insert the CD in the CD/DVD drive.
- Restart your computer.
- The computer should choose to boot from the CD automatically.
Note : For information click here
- Once the desktop appears, you will receive a message asking: Do you want to start Network support?
- After BART PE loads, you can chose your screen resolution that fits your monitor by following these steps:
- Click on Go
- Then on System
- Then on Display
- Then on Screen Resolution
- Select the resolution that fits your monitor.
Then follow these steps to run OTLPE.
- Click on Go
- Select Programs
- then A43 File Management Utility
In A43File Management
you should be able to see your flash drive
- Navigate to the OTLPE folder that you saved to your flash drive.
- Open the OTLPE folder and double click Start.cmd.
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTL should now start. Change the following settings
- Change Drivers to All
- Change Standard Registry to All
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
- Press Run Scan to start the scan.
- When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
- Copy this file to your USB drive.
- Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.
Edited by JSntgRvr, 28 July 2010 - 11:27 PM.
No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.
If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!