Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Freezing Problems + Ultimate Boot CD

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_StaticID_*

Guest_StaticID_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

Hey,

So a few months ago I built a PC with my friend, at the time having never looked inside a computer before I let him do most of the building! : S
Recently I have been having some annoying problems.
Every few days regardless of what I am doing my pc will freeze at random on whatever is on the screen and the sound will also freeze playing a nice ‘Beeeeeppp’ constantly. There is no BSOD and I just have to restart it to make it responsive again.

I have done the Memtest which claim there is no problem and have started looking at the ‘ultimate boot cd’ but really have no clue how to use it properly to test all my hardware.

So can anyone kindly give me some instructions on how to properly troubleshoot problems and test hardware using the Ultimate boot cd? The tutorials and posts I have found on Google and its home website really aren’t helping : (

I also have quite a few event viewer errors that I think could help diagnose the problem but to keep things short I think I will just start with the hardware and post those some time later.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users