Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Antivir solution pro, now machine will not boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 punkbunny85

punkbunny85

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

Hi all,

MY first time on this site.

I came into contact with the AntiVir Solution pro virus a couple of days ago.

Initially I thought I'd cleared it after running AVG in safe mode but after turning the machine on today it won't boot.

I've tried restoring the computer using recovery console and various restore points from a few days back before I picked it up.

Originally I'd get to the 'last known good config' screen and after selecting any of these options it would go blank and freeze.

Now after trying to restore it I get the infamous 'system32/config/system' is missing or corrupt.

I'm guessing my only option is to rebuild the whole system :thumbsup:

Any help would be greatly appreciated :flowers:

Thanks

EDIT I see there is a similar topic on here, will keep tabs on both :trumpet:

Edited by punkbunny85, 27 July 2010 - 05:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users