Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Viruses, Virus Removals, and Sound Issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 cadillacw

cadillacw

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hello,
I have Windows 7.
I have been having issues with my computer for about the past 4 or 5 days. It started with AntiVir Solution Pro popping up one day.... which I thought I rid my computer of the virus after saving MalwareBytes to a thumbdrive and scanning and removing the threats found during a safe mode. Well, I don't know if the virus made my computer more vulnerable to viruses, but last night another virus arrived in the same fashion. This time it was Security Tool. I repeated the steps of last time with MalwareBytes which were not as successful this time around. From there I googled answers in order to get rid of the mess. I then discovered Super Anti Spyware. I ran that, got rid of the virus, and to be sure I ran MalwareBytes again. Today, a virus came along AGAIN, and I repeated the steps and also downloaded CCleaner as recommended after searching for the same issues, ran it and now my computer seems slower, and I'm also getting sound issues. When I go into Control Panel to try to see what's up with it, it freezes and eventually a window comes up saying Windows Shell Common Dll is not responding. I don't know what I've done or whether I've done it right...but I'm really having a difficult time with this computer. It has been completely perfect up until that very first virus. I really don't want to lose my files, but at this point I am willing to do what it takes to get my computer back to normal. Please someone assist me at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Update: The sound is now working because I removed the battery and put it back in. However, I am running SuperAntiSpyware and it continues to detect Adware Tracking Cookies. I am still concerned?

Edited by cadillacw, 27 July 2010 - 05:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kennzsniper

kennzsniper

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

hmm. Sounds like rootkits. might as well post this on the AII2 part of this forum.
Hardware tech when I was in college.
1st job was a network support for SOHO
2nd job was lappy tech
3rd Job way out of my league but its nice...

#3 cadillacw

cadillacw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:07 PM

Rootkits? What is that? And I removed the battery and now the sound is working again, but I just would like to know if the virus is completely gone. And what is the AII2 forum? I am new.

Edited by cadillacw, 27 July 2010 - 05:11 PM.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

Topic moved to AII (Am I infected?)
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 cadillacw

cadillacw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

This same virus continues to infect my computer. I've removed it several times with SAS, but it keeps coming back. It normally begins with Java opening up and then the AntiVir virus "scan". Can someone help me remove this virus for good?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 29 July 2010 - 12:14 AM.
Merged topics. ~ OB

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:13 AM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 cadillacw

cadillacw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

OK I am now on Step 8 (Create a GMER log) and when I right-click gmer.zip I only get the options to Extract files, Extract here, or Extract to gmer...I think because I have Winrar. Which do I right click on? Please help

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

I think it's Extract files
if you continue to have trouble ski[p Gmer and poet the DDS only..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 cadillacw

cadillacw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

Thank you. Its posted

#10 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:14 PM

Hello,

Now for the hard and difficult part: waiting.

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335738/antivir-solution-pro-security-tool/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users