Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop not holding charge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 glynnmania

glynnmania

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

Hi, thanks so much for reading my post.

I was just given a Compaq Presario V6000 by my office for work. The computer runs great, but the battery doesn't hold a charge. As soon as it's unplugged, it hibernates and won't turn on. Yesterday, it was holding a charge for literally one minute, today not at all. I don't want to throw a red herring, but I ran several Microsoft updates yesterday. However, I happen to know for a fact that this was an issue prior to my getting the laptop yesterday and before any updates were run.

I thank the forum in advance for their help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 helloyo53

helloyo53

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

Hi.

My dad has a Compaq Presario V5000, and, like your's, only holds charge for a few minutes. My dad has to have it plugged in all the time. I'm not too sure what can be done to fix it, though I would also like to know if there is something that can be done.

#3 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

I think your defective battery...
do you have family or friends or relations that have same Compaq Presario V6000...same model like you have..
if yes...please borrow it for a while (10-30 minutes)...and plug their battery on your laptop...and see if it hibernates and won't turn on or charging...and plug your battery on their battery...just a simple test to make sure that the problem is the battery or not...

if you plug their battery and the system going fine...please consider to buy a new battery...
if not going fine...maybe something on your laptop going down...

but please tell me is your problem occur before your run Microsoft updates or after that???
if it occur after you run Microsoft updates...can you tell which Microsoft updates that you run and try to uninstall it...

Edited by abauw, 27 July 2010 - 04:43 PM.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users