Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't boot out of safe mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dr green

dr green

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

So I have a grasp on what the problem is thanks to this forum.

I think what I have to do is boot off this disc and then find/destroy a 0kb file with a strange name in windows\system32\drivers.

My problem is that my bricked computer doesn't have a cd drive. My poor Aspire One netbook is too small to have a cd drive. So how do I boot off a cd without a cd drive?

PLEASE help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

So I have a grasp on what the problem is thanks to this forum.

I think what I have to do is boot off this disc and then find/destroy a 0kb file with a strange name in windows\system32\drivers.

My problem is that my bricked computer doesn't have a cd drive. My poor Aspire One netbook is too small to have a cd drive. So how do I boot off a cd without a cd drive?

PLEASE help me.

YOu should be able to get out this way.

during the POST part of your Bootup, press and hold down the F8 key. If you see the Windows splash screen then you missed your window of opportunity and will have to retry.

If you get it at the right time, then you will see a Boot menu, and you should be able to choose Normal as one of your options

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users