Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help: .net Framework

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 haverspoon

haverspoon

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:03 PM

Hey all,

I need help big time. I'm not a software developer, so I'm quite alarmed by what's happened to my computer in the past hour or so. ANY help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

WHAT'S HAPPENING:
When I login to Windows XP (Tablet PC Edition), I get a window from MS .NET Framework that says the following:
------------------------------
An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. Click continue and application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. Cannot access a disposed object named "BallButton". Object name: "BallButton".
-------------------------------
Clicking on "Continue" just reopens the window. In the mean time, my Desktop background is completely messed up -- retains a 'picture' of all previously opened windows (I'm sure there's a technical description for this). And everything seems to be running very sluggishly.

WHAT MAY HAVE BEEN THE CAUSE:
Two days ago, pen pressure sensitivity died on Photoshop, so I downloaded the latest Wacom penabled driver (v 4.92-4) and uninstalled an earlier driver (v 4.8-something). I also uninstalled "Wacom pen driver 2.2", thinking it was obsolete. After reboots, pen pressure was restored on Photoshop (and I believe on MS OneNote as well).

Yesterday, pen pressure died on Photoshop again. And this morning, I noticed that it had stopped working on OneNote as well. So I downloaded Wacom driver 2.2 from HP Software & Driver downloads and installed. After reboot and login, this MS .NET Framework problem appeared. I tried to uninstall Wacom driver 2.2, which presumably was the cause of the problem, but couldn't find it from the Add/Remove Software list.

HELP!!!
Someone please, please, please tell me what is wrong with my computer and what to do about it!!! Will supply any other information that you request.

Thanks!!
spoon <:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 haverspoon

haverspoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:15 PM

Just remembered, I may also have installed the following files yesterday:

HotFix for Windows XP (KB895953)
KB900722 update to Microsoft.Ink.dll

I had downloaded these files, but may not have installed both.

Thanks,
spoon

#3 haverspoon

haverspoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:47 PM

Whaaa? Well, something's working again. I think I was trying to refresh the background and had right clicked on my desktop. It changed the "sticky" desktop to just an orange background (this happens when my background image doesn't work). At least the icons on my desktop are accessible now (I couldn't click on them earlier). AND I managed to cancel the .NET Framework window!

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:40 PM

Did you install a active desktop for your background that may use .net? Also have you reinstalled .net?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users