Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I want to run GRID

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bcordone

bcordone

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:22 AM

Hello, I want to run grid but right now I cant even run it at "very low" (trying out the dem- I mean slideshow)

I have a intel 2200 a nvidia 8600 gt and a 500 watt power supply with an asus p5gc-mx motherboard (fsb of 800)

Any advice so I can actually play the game and have fun?

Note that I dont have a job currently so I cant afford a NASA fast computer (TO be honest, joining NASA might just work "We have a problem!" "Oh wait, I will look into it after I am done playing GRID :thumbsup: )

so, any advice for computer parts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.66 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Memory: 2 Gb
Hard Drive: 12.5 Gb free
Video Memory: 512 Mb
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon X1950
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 10
Keyboard
Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

You're kind of slow on the CPU and videocard front, no idea on how much memory you are running.
Just a bit hesitant to suggest an upgrade for a vintage system like that . Any part, except for a new videocard, will be a dead end(won't be able to carry over to a new build).

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

At what resolution are you playing it? Try lowering it.
[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

Reminder: Recommended system requirements are usually low-balled. I agree with dpunisher, you may just be S.O.L. until you get a CPU and video card for a new system. A newer system may cost around $500 if you keep your old case, optical drives, power supply, and, depending on age, hard drive. You may just want to shelve the game until you can afford a new system if it is so painful. When you have the money, assuming that will be sooner rather than later, the below equipment should make it much more enjoyable at a reasonable frame rate and image quality.

Motherboard: ASRock 770 EXTREME3 AM3 AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 - The AMD 770 chipset motherboards are considered budget-oriented boards that do not, usually, have Crossfire. Other than that and some overclocking features, these boards are pretty full featured, taking AM3 CPU's and DDR3. Keep in mind that this is a standard ATX sized motherboard. You are using a micro-ATX motherboard and your case may not be designed to handle a standard ATX board. If this is the case, I suggest the ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3 AMD 785G, which doesn't have USB 3 nor SATA 6. If you want those features, the ASRock 880GMH/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G is also a good board. Both of these micro-ATX motherboards have on-board graphics. They aren't spectacular, but they will get the job done for basic tasks while waiting for an actual graphics card to arrive. $74

CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz - Given your budget, I don't think you can handle a quad core. This is a dual core CPU. Black Edition CPU's have their multipliers unlocked making overclocking very easy. $100

RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 - AM3 systems use DDR3-1333 or DDR3-1600 memory. This is bare-bones RAM without any heat sinks, but it is still good quality. You need a 64-bit operating system to use 4GB or more of RAM. $81

Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB - The Radeon 5770 is a solid mid-ranged card with DirectX 11 and EyeFinity. To save money, you could use your 8600 and wait until you can afford this card. $149 (Before $15 mail-in rebate)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - You will need a new OS to remain compliant with the license. $99

Grand Total: $507 (Before rebates and shipping)

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users