Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to remove/stop programs at start-up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 catguy

catguy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

Hi,
Ok, I have a couple of things that I would like to get figured out.
Firstly, how to remove/stop programs at start-up.
I have done a re-format and installed drivers, and other programs, but it takes a while for it to get up to speed, think it needs a couple of turbos and some nos :huh: speed is good.
Anyhow I have downloaded and installed a program called AutoRuns from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx well i was sure surprised, I think every program I have installed on this computer is starting up just after it goes into windows.
Problem, I don't know what all to stop or actually remove from startup, sure would like some help with this one, I think that there is a way to save a copy and post it, but i haven't figured it out yet.
Thanks

Gordon Steeves
High Level, Alberta, Canada
Gordon Steeves, High Level, Alberta, Canada

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:14 PM

Only a small portion from Autoruns list are real startups. Most of those, you really want to play with safely are located at "Logon" tab.
If you attach your Autoruns log, I'll help you to sort startups out.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Guest_hipityhopscott_*

Guest_hipityhopscott_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

Startup is EASY! Download Winpatrol and you can easily click on and off the programs that run in startup.

You download it here -----> Winpatrol

Buy the plus version and Winpatrol (support@winpatrol.com) will guide you through any problem you have.

That should do the trick
-scott

#4 Oseyerus13

Oseyerus13

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

To save a copy of your Autoruns log, click on File - Save. You can save it as either a .txt or .arn file; .arn is default and allows someone to open the file through Autoruns for comparison purposes.

Are you worried about malware, or just looking to speed up the start-up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users