Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Help‼

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 F4R7TZ

F4R7TZ

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:43 AM

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but i have had an annoying problem for 5 months (since June) and i really need it sorting out now. I have a missing file called 'gr33n.exe' and i have looked what has seemed like everywhere. I have tryed search and searched in C:/windows etc and still can not be found. I tryed using safe mode and searched it using C:/windows and still can not be found. please help my problem it is extremly fustrating as everytime i log on it comes up with this message 'windows can not find 'gr33n.exe',please make sure you have typed the name in correctly and try aging.'i have also tryed uninstalling everything and then reinstalling incase the error was obtianed in a programme which it was not.

Thanks F4R7TZ :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:51 AM

Please read this.. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/g....exe-10807.html
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 F4R7TZ

F4R7TZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:26 PM

sorry i still dont get it what do i do to get the file back :thumbsup:

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:55 PM

Per acklan's link:

gr33n.exe is an undesirable program added by the W32/Sdbot-ZP worm. When started, this infections connects to a remote IRC server where it waits for commands to execute.

W32/Sdbot-ZP: http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32sdbotzp.html

Why would you want it back?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:02 PM

Please read this.. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/g....exe-10807.html

sorry i still dont get it what do i do to get the file back :thumbsup:

F4R7TZ,

Did you read the description within the link acklan gave you? "Added by the W32/Sdbot-ZP worm. When started, this infections connects to a remote IRC server where it waits for commands to execute." Meaning that you have parts of a worm i.e. malware on your computer. There are still parts of malware looking for the executable file still on your system. In short, you don't want to get that .exe file back. You need/want to clean up the rest of your system to get rid of the error message that comes up saying it's looking for the malware .exe file.

To do this, follow the steps below:

Run these online virus scanners:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Also this online Trojan scanner:
TrojanScan

Are you using these basic security programs?
(They're all free.)

aČ free - a complementary product to antivirus software which is specialized in protection against harmful software. Antivirus software often features an inadequate protection against Trojans, Dialers and Spyware. aČ fills this gap.
ewido security suite - offers protection against urgently growing threats like Trojans, Worms, Dialers, Hijackers, Spyware and Keyloggers.
Ad-Aware - A good program similar to SpyBot S & D.
Spybot S&D - Detects and removes spyware, of different types, from your computer.
Spywareblaster - A good program that prevents spyware from being installed on your computer in the first place. This program is always running in the background, protecting your computer. It prevents the installation of bad active X controls found in web pages.
SpywareGuard - A nice compliment to SpywareBlaster. This allows you the option to prevent downloads that contain bad active X controls.

If not, you need to. These programs, updated and used regularly, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...

Download them, update them, and then run them.

When installing ewido security suite, under Additional Options uncheck:
Install background guard
Install scan via context menu

Important:
Please read this tutorial on Spybot S&D before using it. Spybot can do SERIOUS damage, if not used properly.

If the above doesn't help rid you of the problem, then:

Read How to post a HijackThis Log.
Please read, and follow, all directions carefully.

Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.

NOTE:
Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

The preceding malware removal guide has been written by and authorized for use by tg1911. Thank You, for the use tg! :flowers:

Be (Malware) Safe

Da Animal

Edited by Animal, 24 October 2005 - 02:29 PM.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:00 PM

Sorry about being short. I thought I was being concise. I'll try to be clearer in the future.

#7 F4R7TZ

F4R7TZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:27 PM

Ok thanks for the help i dont really understand all these files but aslong as the message stops popping up. I read something about mcdirectX i didnt really understand what it is or what it does. However i had a problem with it about may-june time it had a virus i think it was a trojan and it wasnt going away with AVG because AVG can not get rid of trojan (i did not know that then) and it eventually went away. However would that effect the virus,trojan etc that i have now. Is there a link between these 2 files which might be causing some errors on my computer. I think the file was deleted but im not sure where to find it so i dont know if it still exsised.
Thanks again F4R7TZ.

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:48 PM

The advice Animal gave 3 post up and that I took the liberty to QUOTE should be your next step.

Read How to post a HijackThis Log.
Please read, and follow, all directions carefully.

Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.

NOTE:
Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

The preceding malware removal guide has been written by and authorized for use by tg1911. Thank You, for the use tg! :thumbsup:

Be (Malware) Safe

Da Animal

#9 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:05 PM

F4R7TZ

You need to complete the work on your HJT log before persuing some of these other questions.

You had three separate threads open in three forums dealing with the same subject.

You are confusing and wasting other memebers times with such actions.

I've closed two of these threads now and will leave only one open in the Games forum here >

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...99&#entry183199

Thanks to all that have responded to these threads trying to help! We're sorry for the confusion.

This thread is closed.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users