Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying a New Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stargazer25

Stargazer25

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

Where is a good place to buy a new computer? I would like to have it a customized computer. Is there anywhere to buy a custom computer that is good quality for $700-$850 (Desktop Computer) (that can run casual-moderate gaming and other things)? I'd like to have a choice between Nvidia and ATI cards, my choice of the processor, and the ability to refuse a mouse/keyboard or other accessory features including bluetooth and network cards.

I plan to eventually buy a gaming laptop which is why I want a good quality desktop system (without a lot of expensive or optional extras).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:22 AM

Here's an site that may interest you:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

You'll want to use the "Configurators" option at the top of the page.
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,746 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

The best way to obtain a "customized PC"...is to build it yourself.

It's not medical science or rocket science...every component has installation guides/instructions...it doesn't take forever...and you get what you want.

It's more work to figure out what you want...but the money saved and pride you will feel when it is actually working...will more than compensate for the few hours that it takes to carefully assemble a system and install an O/S, at a leisurely pace.

If you are going to buy a system...just take the time to look for one with the specs you desire...buy the lengthy warranty...and fork over the money.

If you insist on paying someone to make decisions about what will make you happy...please look up the "reviews/comments" re some of the past products sold by these entities.

FWIW: I believe that many manufacturers who are reliable/trustworthy...now allow for optional configurations of their advertised systems.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users