Let's try to boot your computer using a Boot CD
Please print this guide for future reference!
You will need a blank CD, your Windows XP install disc, a clean computer and a flash drive.
Please follow the steps below and let me know if you were successful. Please tell me what error messages you got and/or what steps you got hung up on.
1. Download the PE Builder to your desktop
2. Insert your XP CD with SP1/SP2/SP3 into a CD Rom drive
- Double-Click on the PE Builder that you just downloaded to your desktop.
- Follow all of the instructions/prompts that come up.
- Double-Click on PE Builder.exe located on your desktop.
- Click NO to Search for Windows Installation Files
- Make the following selections from the Main Screen that pops up:
- Source:(path to Windows installation files)[list]
- Enter the path to the drive where your XP CD is located.
- You can click on the "..." button on the right to navigate to the path as well.
- Custom: (include files and folders from this directory)
- No information is necessary, leave blank.
3. Click on the "Build" button
- Media output
- Do not choose Burn to CD/DVD
- Download the RunScanner plugin and save it to your desktop
- Press the Plugin button on the PE Builder interface
- Press the Add button and navigate to the location of the RunScanner plugin to install
- Please note: If you are using a Windows XP disc with sp2 then highlight RpsSS needs to launch DComLaunch and then press Enable
- When your done press Close and the PE Builder interface will re-appear
4. Burn your ISO file to CD
- You will see the Windows EULA message. Click on I Agree
- You will now see the Build Screen. Let it run it's course
- When the Build is finished you can click close, then exit
From your clean computer..
Please download OTLPE.zip
and save it to a flash drive.
Double click and unzip OTLPE.zip
to its own folder on your flash drive. Name it OTLPE <-- Important!!
Plug your flash drive into your sick computer now and do as instructed below..
1. Restart Your sick Computer Using the PE Builder ISO CD That You Have Created
- Insert the CD in to one of your CD/DVD drives.
- Restart your computer.
- The computer should choose to boot from the CD automatically. If it doesn't and you are asked if you want to boot from CD, then choose that option.
- Once the desktop appears, you will receive a message asking: Do you want to start Network support?
- After it loads press the Go button in the lower left and do this....
- Screen Resolution
- A43 File Management Utility
In A43File Management
you should see your flash drive
Navigate to the OTLPE
folder that you saved to your flash drive.
Open the OTLPE
folder and double click Start.bat
With your next post please provide: