Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help, I've Been Hijacked...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kreature

kreature

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

Hi guys

I have had this problem for a while now and it's starting to get the better of me. My google links are being hijacked, i get random window popups and am unable to get updates for any of my AV/Malware programs.

I have run scans with MBAM, Spyware Doctor, Spy Bot S&D, Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast, CC Cleaner and Super AntiSpyware. Nothing has managed to remove the trouble maker.

I am very close to backing everything up onto an external HD, then re-formatting and starting from scratch. The only thing is if i do this, when i restore my files will the virus come back also?

I know that there is something in this log that apears to be the problem because when i try to post the log or even email it to myself so i can post it from a work computer it blocks me. I ended up having to copy it to a stick then bring it in to work.

Here is my Hijack this log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 11:19:12 AM, on 7/26/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

LOG removed

I hope someone will be able to help me out with this one.

Cheers

Kreature

Edited by boopme, 31 July 2010 - 04:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kreature

kreature
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

Ok so after spending quite some time reading a lot of other problems people have i think my problem could be my router.

From what i've read i think i just need to reset the router and hopefully everything will be ok? Does this sound like i'm on the right path. I did notice my LAN settings changed and the router name is a little different.

I will report back once i have given this a go (currently at work).

Cheers

#3 kreature

kreature
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

Ok so resetting the router did nothing to help my cause.

If anyone out there is able to read my log and help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

#4 kreature

kreature
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

Ok so i ran TDSSKiller and everything seems fine now. I can't find a log anywhere though but i'm just happy things are back to normal.

This thread can be removed if you wish...

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hello if the Killer found and removed an infection it may have opened up some other files to be cleaned..
ESET
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Export to text file... to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Eset Smart Installer icon on your desktop.
  • Check the "YES, I accept the Terms of Use"
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Scan archives
  • Push the Start button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push "List of found threats"
  • Push "Export to text file", and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the "<<Back" button.
  • Push Finish
[color=red][b]In your next reply, please include the following:[list]
[*]Eset Scan Log
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users