Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partition problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 h4mza786

h4mza786

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

My computer stops at boot screen, you know where the windows xp logo and then a ble bar comes up, it freezes there for 2-3 minutes and then works fine.

But i wanted to get rid of that problem but was unsure what to do, anyways i felt like installing new copy on windows xp as i had too much junk on my computer. So i installed new copy of windows and deleted old one, but the problem is still there.

I have repeated installing windows xp 3 times, and for some reason i have ended up with 2 windows xp os, how do i delete one of the os.

Anf how can i sort this problem, i have no programs installed so its not a problem with start up programs, i have scanned my computer for viruses and malware and it picked nothing. Another problem is when i go to safe mode, i also get stuck at this screen for 2 minutes. see attachment.

Please help

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

Ok, here's what I suggest:

1. Try getting hold of a different copy of the Windows XP OS disc.

2. Boot up with the Windows OS disc.

3. Format the drives present and create new partitions if necessary. (Important)

4. Carry out a fresh installation of Windows.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 h4mza786

h4mza786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

I installed windows xp proffessional and formatted the c drive but for some reason the old os windows xp home is still there, how do i remove that, and that boot up screen problem did not fix. i think if i remove windows xp home then maybe it will work :thumbsup:

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

Ok, when you are running the installation process off the Windows OS disc, you should be able to 'view the partitions' that exist on the hard drive.

Now, one of them (partitions) obviously contains the other installation of Win XP.

So delete ALL the partitions you see, till you reclaim the entire (close to) capacity of the hard drive.

Create new partitions by allotting them the required disk space and format them for use.

Select the first (C: drive) partition and proceed with the fresh installation of Windows.

Let us know if it works out. :thumbsup:

Edited by ReviverSoft, 26 July 2010 - 05:54 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users