Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect, Can't Update, and FireFox crashes on start up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 kabuto202

kabuto202

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:51 PM

EDIT: I can't include my GMER log, because whenever I launch it after a littl ebit of scanning, It blue screens me with error code 0x000000F4

Alright so about a week back I got a virus that started hijacking my browser, and recommending me false virus removals, preventing me from updating (It gives me a 80072EFE error code), and whenever I try to boot Firefox either 3.6 or 4.0 Beta. I scanned with AVG, removed some infections. It still persisted. I scanned with Malware Bytes and Ad-Aware, removed some of the infections, and I stopped getting the fake virus removals, however the other issues still persist. I also decided to check how I'm being redirected, hoping that it's a local file and I can just delete it, so I decided to wait to be redirected and then once I get redirected to the page, hit back and then stop, and then check the source code.

Source Code of Redirect Page
<html><head>&lt;script type="text/javascript">function f(){var url="hxxp://nnkclwv.com/eZU37A1x7h7m7LO71039a4682d853081954b18174529b45c18h";try{var x=document.getElementById("_a");x.href=url;x.click()}catch(e){try{var x=document.getElementById("_f");x.action=url;x.submit()}catch(e){}}}</script></head><body onload="f()"><a id="_a"></a><form id="_f" method="get"></form></body></html>

The only thing that changes from redirect to redirect, are the characters after hxxp://nnkclwv.com/ and before the ;try. The pages I'm redirected to are generally random, occasionally what looks to be several news websites, some look like what you'd get when you type in the wrong URL and you have a search engine like page, I also occasionally see pay 2 surf page (Do those still exist?). I also get pop ups randomly and rarely that seem to throw me at the same pages as the redirects, and the page that redirects me in the URL also includes the last thing I Googled.

I am currently Running a Trial Version of Kaspetsky, with AVG unisntalled, Ad-Aware uninstalled and Mal ware Bytes disabled.

Hijack This Log
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 2:35:18 PM, on 7/26/2010
Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks Shared\Platform\nmctxth.exe
C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Turbine\Turbine Download Manager\TurbineDownloadManagerIcon.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\LWEMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Update\DivXUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\SmartPCTools\Registry Repair Wizard\RCHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin
C:\Program Files\Opera\opera.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Windows\explorer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O2 - BHO: btorbit.com - {000123B4-9B42-4900-B3F7-F4B073EFC214} - C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitcth.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: IEVkbdBHO - {59273AB4-E7D3-40F9-A1A8-6FA9CCA1862C} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\ievkbd.dll
O2 - BHO: SkypeIEPluginBHO - {AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: link filter bho - {E33CF602-D945-461A-83F0-819F76A199F8} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\klwtbbho.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Grab Pro - {C55BBCD6-41AD-48AD-9953-3609C48EACC7} - C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\GrabPro.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nmctxth] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks Shared\Platform\nmctxth.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nmapp] "C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmapp.exe" -autorun -nosplash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Turbine Download Manager Tray Icon] "C:\Program Files\Turbine\Turbine Download Manager\TurbineDownloadManagerIcon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Start WingMan Profiler] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\LWEMon.exe /noui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [amd_dc_opt] C:\Program Files\AMD\Dual-Core Optimizer\amd_dc_opt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SwitchBoard] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeCS5ServiceManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CS5ServiceManager\CS5ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DivXUpdate] "C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Update\DivXUpdate.exe" /CHECKNOW
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [combofix] "C:\ComboFix\CF13500.cfxxe" /c "C:\ComboFix\C.bat"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Registry Repair Wizard Scheduler] "C:\Program Files\SmartPCTools\Registry Repair Wizard\RCHelper.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [{9FDAB546-1DC3-0E06-9534-95D66A4D1D4B}] C:\Users\Kabuto\AppData\Roaming\Cael\izecy.exe
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: ceag.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: CurseClientStartup.ccip
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 3.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/201
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Grab video by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/204
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Anti-Banner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\ie_banner_deny.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Do&wnload selected by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/203
O8 - Extra context menu item: Down&load all by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/202
O9 - Extra button: &Virtual keyboard - {4248FE82-7FCB-46AC-B270-339F08212110} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\klwtbbho.dll
O9 - Extra button: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: URLs c&heck - {CCF151D8-D089-449F-A5A4-D9909053F20F} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\klwtbbho.dll
O18 - Protocol: skype-ie-addon-data - {91774881-D725-4E58-B298-07617B9B86A8} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd3.dll C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\kloehk.dll
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Internet Security (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\avp.exe
O23 - Service: Dragon Age: Origins - Content Updater (DAUpdaterSvc) - BioWare - C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\bin_ship\daupdatersvc.service.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Logitech, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\Bluetooth\lbtserv.exe
O23 - Service: Turbine Message Service - Live (LiveTurbineMessageService) - Turbine, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Turbine\Turbine Download Manager\TurbineMessageService.exe
O23 - Service: Turbine Network Service - Live (LiveTurbineNetworkService) - Turbine, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Turbine\Turbine Download Manager\TurbineNetworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Pure Networks Platform Service (nmservice) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks Shared\Platform\nmsrvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrB - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe SwitchBoard (SwitchBoard) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe

--
End of file - 8616 bytes

Attached Files

Edited by kabuto202, 26 July 2010 - 04:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kabuto202

kabuto202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

Please close my topic here. I'm going to try Tech Support Forums, since their average response time is within the day. I understand you guys have alot of requests to go through, and if things don't work out for me, I'll come back later when there's less unanswered topics.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:44 AM

Topic closed. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users