Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Desktop and PCI-DSS Compliance

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ok4life

ok4life

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

Here's my situation. We have 4 systems that get remotely used. How ever we have been upgrading to be PCI-DSS compliant. We now need a way for these specific users to gain remote access to their desktops. Here are my thoughts but not sure which is best. So I'm just looking for your quick thoughts on this.

1. VPN that is PCI compliant. Then remote desktop from within the VPN. Would this still be PCI compliant? We have a Netgear FV338 router that is VPN pci compliant, but 60 bucks a client.

2. Use a 3rd party app such as go to my pc. That claims to be PCI compliant. I find these to vulnerable to changes in PCI compliancy. Will these actually pass our test?

I am just looking for options or if anyone has come across this situation?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users