Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi folks...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 anicat38

anicat38

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

While I'm a newbie here, I've lurked here a few times, brought in by links from Google about one or the other problems with my computer or a friend's; but this time I have a problem that, even though I found the solution, the cure looks rather complicated. You folks here do have a good site, and I've trusted your solutions in the past.

I'm not a geek, although I've had some geeks tell me that I could be. Actually, I'm 71 years old and have been online for almost 11 years now. Since I live in a rural area, it's easier to learn how to take care of my computer than to have to haul it in to a repairman.

anicat38

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 anicat38

anicat38
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

Thanks, and I will. anicat38

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

"I have a problem that, even though I found the solution, the cure looks rather complicated."

I am sure our Members could help you if you ask. Post in the appropriate forum what your problem was, link to the solution you found, and ask any questions you need to so that you can understand and follow it.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 anicat38

anicat38
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

Thanks, John. I kept looking at your tutorials yesterday and managed to figure out how to get rid of something in a HijackThis log that I hadn't seen before and wasn't sure how to get rid of it. So far it hasn't come back, so I must have done something right. :thumbsup:

I'm fairly good at following directions and I usually keep close control on what's happening to my computer, but my son has been using it to look up some things and he clicked on something that he shouldn't have. It's easy to do these days, what with the malware writers making it look like your computer is infected when it isn't. Most people automatically hit that button that says "Click here to clean your computer" without thinking about the fact that is where the infection comes from.

I really appreciate the way you folks make cleaning up the messes that we get into easier to get out of.

anicat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users