Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hotmail account

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

I have a Hotmail account on my Windows XP computer. This account is corrupt and I canít send messages from it. Can anyone tell me how to disable this account and start a new hotmail account? Thank you very much. Murrar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:34 PM

Follow these steps to close your account:

1. Visit http://mail.live.com/mail/CloseAccountConfirmation.aspx

2. Sign in using your Windows Live Hotmail account and password.

3. Click "Close account" button.

This will only close the e-mail service, the Windows Live ID that is associated with your account will remain active and will be deleted after 365 days of inactivity. If you would like to access any of our Windows Live ID services, please use a different account.

From Account Closure - Hotmail Account

After closing the account, you can create another hotmail account HERE.

Scroll down the page. On the right hand-side, look for Hotmail. You will be able to sign up for a new account.

Now that I've gone through all that, are you using Windows Live Mail client or are you checking mail on the web? If you use WLM, someone may be able to help you resolve the isssue if you post details about it.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 July 2010 - 04:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users