Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yet ANOTHER Google Redirect Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 CriticalMass048

CriticalMass048

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

I use Windows XP and browse with Mozilla Firefox 3.6. At random times, Firefox will switch over to different websites without me doing anything. They usually involve surveys or searches. Also, when doing a Google search, clicking on links from the list will take me to one of several online search engines where the search topic is the same thing I just searched for. This sounds like exactly the same problem others are having here, and I also recently got infected with -- and thought I had removed -- a fake Anti-Virus Virus, but I can't remember the name of it.

I've run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, SuperAntispyware , AdAware, Windows Defender, Dr. Web Cureit, as well as tried reinstalling Firefox. All the anti-spyware programs came up with a result here or there, and when I "removed" them and rebooted, I still had the same problem. On a hunch, I ran Internet Explorer (which I never use) and had the exact same problem with searches.

I HAVE a DDS.txt file, however when I try to attach it to this message, it locks up, and when I try to simply attach the text of it to this message, I'm not allowed to post the message. I can only assume it's something about the message size. Unless someone has a solution for me, the only thing I can do is email it to whomever needs it.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

Edited by CriticalMass048, 25 July 2010 - 12:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:53 PM

Good evening. smile.gif

We'll skip over the DDS log for now. Download TDSSKiller.zip from Kaspersky from here and save it to your Desktop.
  • You will then need to extract the file(s) from the zipped folder.

• To do this: Right-click on the zipped folder and from the menu that appears, click on Extract All...
    In the Extraction Wizard window that opens, click on Next> and in the next window that appears, click on Next> again.
    In the final window, click on Finish

• Double click TDSSKiller.exe to begin.
  • Click Start scan and allow the tool to do just that.
  • One the scan has completed, if the tool detects anything the default action is Cure - please click on that and change it to Skip.
  • Finally, click on Report and let me have the contents of the text file that will open.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

#3 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

As there has been no reply for five days this thread is now closed.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users