Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Used Super WinPE Disk while doing malware removal now no boot!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Justin J

Justin J

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

I used Malware Bytes and AVG and Avira and Spybot and Microsoft Security Center and online scans........

These removed and fixxed all my virus and spyware problems except a IE redirect I was working on.....

I used Super WinPE Disk and now windows will not boot!

Windows was working good before this (aside from the viruses and malware) ...stupid stupid... argh!

No boot options work.

I have run chkdsk /r from recovery console.... nothing

I figured all was lost so I used WinPE to save my files to an external usb harddrive.

Then I did something stupid.... I ran a XP Home CD from boot and chose install...
then it found a previous version and I chose to fix it. It looks like I may have ruined the
windows install by doing this.

I can still see all the old directories from the old windows install on C: drive when using WinPE

not sure what to do next.....

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Justin J

Justin J
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

I decided to do a destructive restore on the Emachine by pushing F11 at start.

Of course I backed up all my files onto my WD MyBook.

My computer has never been restored and i've had it for 5 years+.

I'll update this once i've done all the Microsoft updates and installed protection and then
plug-in my WD MyBook and scan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users