Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirecting webpages during Google searches and unwanted popups, Do not know how to remove it

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 egbirch

egbirch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

Hello,
I had an unwanted, "false" antivirus rear it's ugly head into my computer a couple of weeks ago. After doing some research, I deleted it from my computer. Now, I can't seem to get rid of this virus/malware that redirects all my websearches and gives me pop up after pop up. I have tried adaware, malwarebytes, spybot, hitman and avg and although all seem to find things, nothing seems to be able to fix the issue, i have also edited the HOST file, and taken out every entry but 1, i have disabled almost all of my add-ons and the problem persists. I've read through enough of the threads to see that you have been able to help others, I am hoping you can help me.

Thanks!

Eric

Edited by hamluis, 25 July 2010 - 10:53 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 egbirch

egbirch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

one thing I might mention, Hitman can find, but cannot seem to clean, is something it says is a "Possible variant of the TDL3 (alias Alureon) rootkit detected" If that helps at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users