Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video card issues when switched over to dvi/hdmi..... plz help :O

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mx023

mx023

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:58 AM

I have an ATI visiontek radeon 4670 connected to a dell flatpanel 24 inch widescreen with 1920x1080 resolution. I previously had it hooked up with a dvi adapter on an vga cord going out of the 4670 into the vga port on the back of the monitor. I just got a dvi-hdmi cord in the mailbox this morning... well then I went to hook it up to play some ME2, (comp was powered off, switched to my new dvi/hdmi cables and turned the comp on) it loaded windows (vista 64) like it normally does and when it got to the login screen, no more hdmi signal to the monitor. if it makes a difference, safe mode does display........ maybe it's the drivers? last I checked I had the latest version of catalyst. Also now when i hook up my dvi/vga adapter like it previously was, it does the same thing so now i'm not getting any display. it can't be the monitor cuz it hooks up to my laptop fine... has anybody run into this before? i've been googling and posting on visionteks boards but i don't think anyones been on there since 2008...... any help would be very appreciated :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mx023

mx023
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:08 AM

i've also tried the troubleshooting at amd on top of all my google'ing.... http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages...playIssues.aspx

tried changing the bios settings... PnP settings... didn't think that stuff would work... aaaaaaand it didn't..

i think there maybe a setting in catalyst I need to select, but I can only seem to bring up safe mode right now and I don't really seem to be able to make changes/access catalyst :/

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

Boot into VGA mode and see if you can access CCC from there. Set resolution/refresh to the monitor's defaults. Reboot.

If that doesn't work, uninstall video drivers. Boot it up and see if video cuts out, then reinstall drivers.

Are you using a custom DVI-HDMI cable or the ATI supplied DVI-HDMI dongle and an HDMI cable?

Curious about this one.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 mx023

mx023
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

thanks for the help i'll try that out and let you know what happens.
i'm actually just using one that i bought off amazon for like a buck (+5shipping).. my card actually did not come with the ATI supplied dvi/hdmi :flowers: just a stupid adapter for dvi/vga. i woulda got the ATI cord but i didn't know about them at the time.

edit: yea vga is a no go i tried that this morning. gonna try uninstalling catalyst....

edit: awesome i got my picture back, thanks! dunno why i didn't think of doing that earlier i about did everything else. pictures nice :thumbsup:

Edited by mx023, 25 July 2010 - 05:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users