Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

find files or restore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nyterydrtuckn26s

nyterydrtuckn26s

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:49 AM

I have windows vista on my computer i have a key logger program on my computer the information i need from the key logger program i need has been deleted from the program but i know that nothing is ever delted off a computer hard drive how can i retreive that information again ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

I have windows vista on my computer i have a key logger program on my computer the information i need from the key logger program i need has been deleted from the program but i know that nothing is ever delted off a computer hard drive how can i retreive that information again ?

If you have at least Vista Home Premium and use restore points regularly, this might work for you:

http://www.shadowexplorer.com/

other than that you might search for an undelete utility. But the more you use your system the greater the chances the files get overwritten. If nothing was ever deleted I'd never have to buy more drives. That would be like unlimited compression,, like free fusion power. :huh:

If you have a recent restore point chances are good you can get a recent version of the file using ShadowExplorer. It does the same thing as "get previous versions of this file" in ultimate editions of Vista/W7. But if shadow copy service isn't running, it has nothing to search. The advantage of this approach is if you have a previous version of the file, it should be intact rather than a fragment retrieved by an undelete program. The relevance of the file depends on how fast the data changes and how old the restore point is. But if you make restore points at least once a day it may be worth fishing out.

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users