Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to access Thumb drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arrow92

Arrow92

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:26 AM

Greetings BC'ians!

To make matters simple, my problem is that my thumb drive will not open. When ever I click it, it says "Please insert a disk into (G:)". As stated above I am using a Transcend JF V30/1GB. I have had this thumb drive for over 2 years. About a year ago it gave this problem but I never got down to fixing. I now need a thumb drive for college and instead of buying a new one, I thought I'll try and salvage this. So, any solutions?

Many thanks,
Aaron M.

P.S
I have tried renaming it and changing the path file from (G:) to (H:) but it did not work. Re-formatting is my last option as I am unsure whats on it and it could be important. :D

"I am always ready to learn, although i do not always like being taught" - Winston Churchill

Who ever said that paper beats rock is a moron.Next time i see some one i am going to throw a rock at them while they hold up a piece of paper for a shield. - Anonymous

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Arrow92

Arrow92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:42 AM

So, does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? Could really use some advice as soon as possible, really need a thumb drive for college and like I said, would really rather not buy a new one, as I hardly used this one.

Thank you,
Aaron M.

"I am always ready to learn, although i do not always like being taught" - Winston Churchill

Who ever said that paper beats rock is a moron.Next time i see some one i am going to throw a rock at them while they hold up a piece of paper for a shield. - Anonymous

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

I am not exactly sure if I can help you resolve your issue, but I will give a go at it.

As best as you can remember, what OS did you last use this thumb drive with and what OS are you using now?

Have you tried using the thumb drive on another computer to see if it works?

Have you tried inserting it into a different USB port to see if the port you are using has a problem?

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users