Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ESET Online Scanner detected something that I dont have turned on?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fgeelo

fgeelo

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:06 AM

I was running ESET Online scanner today when it told me that I had some Anti Virus software running which could hinder the performance and quality of the scan. I clicked on the list and it told me that Windows Defender was the only thing running. This confuses me for two reasons:

1. Windows Defender is turned off
2. I am running AVG Free and that did not show up?

Why on earth would it detect a program I'm not using and not detect a program I am using?
Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,942 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:59 AM

Other anti-virus and anti-spyware progams running on your computer can interfere with the scan. As such ESET notifies you so they can be disabled first.

If you have other anti-virus, anti-spyware or anti-malware programs running on your computer, they may intercept the scan being performed by the ESET Online Scanner and slow it down. You may wish to disable the real-time protection components of your other security software before running the ESET Online Scanner. Remember to turn them back on after you are finished!

ESET Online Scanner FAQs

If ESET did not recognize the existing security programs properly, that is a question better asked of Eset Support so they can investigate and answer.

Contact Technical Support & submit question
ESET Customer Care
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users