Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disable Adeck.exe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dwest1

dwest1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 05:51 PM

How does one disable ADeck.exe? My computer has it running automatically, and I wish it to not run.

Thanks,

Don :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:07 PM

Click ctrl.alt.del and you will see the task manager. click processes, find it, and turn it off. Be aware that this gives you information on your sound card. You may be able to right click and turn it off, or you could remove it from your auto start file. Several options, just make sure you don't need it. FYI, there is a list here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/Cat-A.html
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:09 PM

If you have Spybot S&D already installed, you can use their startup tool to manage what launches on boot.

Startup Spybot, curor to "mode" and check "advanced" to bring up additonal tools. Expand the Tools folder, and you will find "System Startup." Use this to manage the applications and programs.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 dwest1

dwest1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:53 PM

To gunner and jgweed,

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to help me, you guys. I ended up using jg's advice, since I did have Spybot installed on my machine. Following his advice was a snap, and has cured my problem. I never, ever, would have found Spybot's startup tool without you, jg. Thanks again.

Don

#5 Michel Merlin

Michel Merlin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

...you could remove it from your auto start file. Several options, just make sure you don't need it. FYI, there is a list here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/Cat-A.html

Thanks a lot gunner for your advice that changed my life! See my detailed report in GOT RID of Adeck.exe by Removing the AudioDeck Value from Registry of Thu 03 Dec 2009 18:12:00 GMT in Vinyl 7.00b "Adeck.exe" Security Warning stalls Windows Startup .

Versailles, Wed 16 Dec 2009 17:50:00 +0100

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users