Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Blue Screen Of Death

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 semperfi3521

semperfi3521

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:55 PM

Hi everyone, i desperately need help!!! I woke up this morning to find my avg software icon on thebottom menubar black and white (like its been disabled) i opened the control center and tried to update, got a message saying update is unsuccessfull. I restarted the computer hoping that would take care of it, but when the windows screen came up a couple of seconds later i got "the blue screen of death" message
stop: 0x0000000A (0xf8a5a354, 0x000000ff, 0x00000001, 0x80512922)
I tried to disable bios memory option for shadowing. I can't even restart in the safe mode, it automatically takes me back to this stupid screen!!!
I don't know what i can do,
i hope someone can help PLEAAASE!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:18 AM

MS on stop error

Have you been through all the info on this page? Have you added any new drivers etc....

Are you installing a new copy of XP?

#3 semperfi3521

semperfi3521
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:06 PM

MS on stop error

Have you been through all the info on this page? Have you added any new drivers etc....

Are you installing a new copy of XP?

the only new thing that was installed is we purchased subscription to winmx (music download site) other than that there has not been any recent software installed. all the sites including microsoft tell me to restart in safe mode, but i can't even do that, as soon as i select the safe mode boot up it sends me to the blue screen. here is the technical information it gives:

stop: 0x0000000a (0xf8a5a354, 0x000000ff, 0x00000001, 0x80512922)
i don't have the name of the file or program or any indication of what is causing the problem. after the above tech. info there is nothing else.

any ideas??????
i appreciate any help you can offer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users