Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stopzilla popup, Google and Yahoo redirect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1pinkbutterfly

1pinkbutterfly

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

I've been waiting over in the forum where you download the virus logs since the 18th. Today I thought I had to do something to get my laptop virus free. While searching... Well I can't search for long, maybe two or three pages and then I get redirected to the "Internet Explorer not connected" page or another search page even if I tyoed the web added directly into the bar. Then I hear music and this huge popup comes up for Stopzilla! I have a friend who found out the hard way that this is a virus! Argh! I have to use my computer to put together lesson plans. I homeschool my kids. I don't have the money for a new computer. Please, can somebody help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CriticalMass048

CriticalMass048

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

It amazes me that even though a lot of us pay for "Anti-Virus Software", we still somehow get infected with things that our AV software and/or free Anti-Malware can't (or won't) detect. Then we have two choices: We either have to pay AGAIN to remove these viruses, or else we have to find a forum like this and wait until someone gets around to helping us.

I've often wondered if the same people marketing the virus also markets the cure... i.e. people working for MacAfee are the ones creating the viruses. There's just too many viruses out there which are annoying, but not really harmful. What's the point other than drive people to purchase your cure?

I'm in the same boat as you, friend, only I've been waiting one whole day. It looks like I have a ways to go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users