Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

More Than 1 Ie Open?!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 01:28 PM

I have no idea what is causing this or why it seems to happen, but I cannot have more than 1 internet explorer open at any given time. I ran all my spyware/malware/virus checkers (Norton Internet Security 2004, Webroot Spysweeper 4.5.3, Ad-Aware SE 1.06r1) and they came up with nothing. Is this non-Windows related, meaning that this is caused by something a hacker would come up with? Thanx much!

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IsMe

IsMe

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:06 PM

I have no idea what is causing this or why it seems to happen, but I cannot have more than 1 internet explorer open at any given time. I ran all my spyware/malware/virus checkers (Norton Internet Security 2004, Webroot Spysweeper 4.5.3, Ad-Aware SE 1.06r1) and they came up with nothing. Is this non-Windows related, meaning that this is caused by something a hacker would come up with? Thanx much!

How are you trying to open a second IE? Usually if you already have the browser open and on a web page and there is a link on the page that you would like to open without closing the original web page, all it needs is to r-click on the link and choose "open in new window". Is this what you are doing?

#3 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:54 PM

Either way... I open it using the shortcuts and opening it via the R-click and "open in new window." Somebody want to please tell me why is this happening?! I don't mean to sound rude, but this is the first thing that's happened to me that I can't figure out (in computers, obviously).

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 QQQQ

QQQQ

• Members
  • 387 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:08 AM

Go to tools, internet options, advanced, and uncheck reuse windows for launching shortcuts; see if this helps.

#5 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:26 PM

Nope... good advice though

- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users