Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited/No connectivity: Wireless Laptop to Fios router

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chanoman

chanoman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hi, I've searched through the previous posts concerning limited connectivity, and have tried changing IP DNS settings, uninstalling/reinstalling my wireless network card/driver, but no luck so far.

I moved into a house that has an existing Fios modem/router "Actiontec M1424-WR".

My Wireless NIC card is A "Network everywhere NWP11B"

Using the Wep key, The Laptop recognizes, and connects to the router with excellent signal strength, but after connecting, says "Limited/No connectivity", and won't access the internet.

I haven't been able to find any info on my specific problem, so hopefully someone here can shed some light.

Thanks, Chano

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

Have you tried it without security? WEP is almost worthless.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 chanoman

chanoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

The modem/router has the default wep security in place, and it belongs to my roommate so I can't change the settings. My Laptop won't connect without the wep key, but does connect to the network with the wep, but no connectivity to internet. Please Help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users