Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sabaithaime

sabaithaime

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3
Microsoft Office Professional 2003

I can send, receive and check my emails OK; however I always get the following error message when Outlook closes:

“Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”

The only event I can relate this to is the installation and subsequent un-installation of a Chrome browser add-on called Evernote. I no longer use Evernote or Chrome and the error seems to coincide with that although I can’t be 100% certain.

I have tried the following all to no avail:

1) Disable all Outlook add-ons 1 by 1 and collectively, reboot.
2) Download and run Microsoft fix it tool 50388 reported installation completed successfully.
3) Run Outlooks own detect and repair tool requiring use of installation disk. Detect and repair/Re-installation reported successful

Using event viewer I notice the following error message repeating and seemingly coinciding with the Outlook shutdown problem:

Error report: “An error occurred while the debugger attempted to correct it’s registry”

I have disabled script debugger for Internet Explorer and other browser through Internet Explorer.

Still the problem persists, any ideas please?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users