Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Issues

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 BullitMagnet

BullitMagnet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

thanks guys, I did forget a small point, though i cant imagine it is really related to the sound problem. the computer seemes to kinda reboot for no reason,and it happens every time i run sandra lite, well TRY to run i mean LOL

Would it be worth starting again as i have not started using it for work stuff as yet. Maybe install windows again and install drivers in order. As to the chip set drivers, i am having trouble finding them as niether ASUS nor HP have them, and i cant seem to figure out where i can actually get them from at all. I know that if i had the correct drivers for the MB it would help a great deal. Any ideas where i can find them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Darth sidious

Darth sidious

• Members
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

Just a side note the hardware for your sound doesn't support hd audio i believe unless you have upgraded the original sound hardware you will have to use the ac 97 audio not hd audio.

Umm, i already installed the ac97 drivers when i initially set the computer up, as HP said that was the driver was for it, so i installed it strait off thier site installed it and no sound.

Hi BulitMagnet i understand why you were going on about hd audio drivers now i fear that your hp pavilion isn't the w5151.uk model as you put in your first post but the w5161.uk model that has the asus PTGD-LA(puffer 2) motherboard which does have hd audio but the w5151.uk is an msi ms-1784(AmethystM) mobo please check your model no and please post back and confirm.

The link below will give you all your drivers for this model w5161.uk and should work install chipset first then other drivers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...t=1117312#N3715

This should do it for you.

Edited by Darth sidious, 24 July 2010 - 10:28 AM.

HP Compaq 6715b Notebook--AMD Turionx2 2.2Ghz 64 Mobile TL-64--4GB DDR2 667Mhz--Compaq 6715b--fujitsu siemens 500GB sataII Internal, Toshiba 1TB EXT HD Backup--IGP ATI Radeon x1250 128MB--Broadcom a\b\g Wlan adapter built in, Sonicwall TZ100, Dlink DSL 2740b--Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and linux ubuntu dual boot--Firefox 4.0 &IE8--Eset Firewall--Nod32 antivirus & Spyware Doctor--Malwarebytes anti malware.

#18 Darth sidious

Darth sidious

• Members
  • 248 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:29 AM

Apologies forgot to put link in have now edited and recified.
HP Compaq 6715b Notebook--AMD Turionx2 2.2Ghz 64 Mobile TL-64--4GB DDR2 667Mhz--Compaq 6715b--fujitsu siemens 500GB sataII Internal, Toshiba 1TB EXT HD Backup--IGP ATI Radeon x1250 128MB--Broadcom a\b\g Wlan adapter built in, Sonicwall TZ100, Dlink DSL 2740b--Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and linux ubuntu dual boot--Firefox 4.0 &IE8--Eset Firewall--Nod32 antivirus & Spyware Doctor--Malwarebytes anti malware.

#19 Darth sidious

Darth sidious

• Members
  • 248 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

thanks guys, I did forget a small point, though i cant imagine it is really related to the sound problem. the computer seemes to kinda reboot for no reason,and it happens every time i run sandra lite, well TRY to run i mean LOL

Would it be worth starting again as i have not started using it for work stuff as yet. Maybe install windows again and install drivers in order. As to the chip set drivers, i am having trouble finding them as niether ASUS nor HP have them, and i cant seem to figure out where i can actually get them from at all. I know that if i had the correct drivers for the MB it would help a great deal. Any ideas where i can find them?

The restarts could well be relevant if the motherboard drivers is different to the one installed.

Edited by Darth sidious, 24 July 2010 - 11:57 AM.

#20 Neil B.

Neil B.

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

Would the operating system even accept the wrong drivers?

#21 BullitMagnet

BullitMagnet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

Just a side note the hardware for your sound doesn't support hd audio i believe unless you have upgraded the original sound hardware you will have to use the ac 97 audio not hd audio.

Umm, i already installed the ac97 drivers when i initially set the computer up, as HP said that was the driver was for it, so i installed it strait off thier site installed it and no sound.

Hi BulitMagnet i understand why you were going on about hd audio drivers now i fear that your hp pavilion isn't the w5151.uk model as you put in your first post but the w5161.uk model that has the asus PTGD-LA(puffer 2) motherboard which does have hd audio but the w5151.uk is an msi ms-1784(AmethystM) mobo please check your model no and please post back and confirm.

The link below will give you all your drivers for this model w5161.uk and should work install chipset first then other drivers.

Hi, it all seems to be resolved now, the model was w5161.uk, i dont know why i read that wrong in the first place, many times in fact.... ho hum LOL

Thanks for all the help, i now have sound and it seems to be stable after installing the chipset drivers. I can now get back to work doing 3D items and everything else I need this comp for.

The only thing to do now with it is figure out what the hell the wierd slinding tray thing is on top of the computer, however this is the wrong place to be asking. Its just really bugging me as to WHAT it is. :thumbsup: thanks again for all your help.

I can attest that the system does indeed accept the wrong drivers, as i had apparently been using them LOL :flowers:

#22 Neil B.

Neil B.

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

Thats very odd. Usually the software wizard will throw an error like: The device that supports this software is not recognized...

Interesting... Oh well, glad you got it figured out. I would still look into installing SP3 though.

#23 BullitMagnet

BullitMagnet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

nope no errors. only error i got was an admin one once, but that was with avira 10, as i am the admin i dont use user accounts, dont see the need to LOL

#24 Darth sidious

Darth sidious

• Members
  • 248 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

Hi, it all seems to be resolved now, the model was w5161.uk, i dont know why i read that wrong in the first place, many times in fact.... ho hum LOL

Thanks for all the help, i now have sound and it seems to be stable after installing the chipset drivers. I can now get back to work doing 3D items and everything else I need this comp for.

The only thing to do now with it is figure out what the hell the wierd slinding tray thing is on top of the computer, however this is the wrong place to be asking. Its just really bugging me as to WHAT it is. :flowers: thanks again for all your help.

I can attest that the system does indeed accept the wrong drivers, as i had apparently been using them LOL :trumpet:

Hi glad its sorted my friend and anyone can make a mistake :thumbsup:

If it's compatable with the target os then it is possible as ati are compatable with intel as well as amd.

Edited by Darth sidious, 24 July 2010 - 01:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users