Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie6 Crashing With Run Time Error Message

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kevinb89

kevinb89

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 12:07 PM

Dear all,

Have been playing all day with sons pc, it was badly afected by spyware etc etc, and i have now cleared as much of this off as I can using MS antispyware, Spybot and Adaware. However since I've done this, IE is failing after a few uses (ie I open it, use a couple of pages and then it closes) coming up with an error message of The application has been closed due to a run time error.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Ive reinstalled IE6 and that has made no difference?

Many thanks

Kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:56 PM

Hello kevinb89 and welcome to BC.

This can be caused by a full hard drive. Have you cleaned all temp files? A good application for that is available from www.Ccleaner.com.

Edited by Leurgy, 23 October 2005 - 07:57 PM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 kevinb89

kevinb89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. The disk is only a third full (over 50gb free on an 80gb disk).

I think it may be linked to a faulty installation of net nanny, as this program is not loading properly and is sending up error messages. If these are not answered and left open it seeems to keep IE open longer, so I'm going to try and uninstall net nanny and see what happens.... watch this space lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users