Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kodak Picture Transfer Software Version 1.2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Roslyn Chancey

Roslyn Chancey

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:26 AM

Version 1.2 I have been told by Kodak is the "Granddaddy" of the picture transfer software. I found difficulty trying to load it on my newer computer. I tried to download Quicktime 4, then I tried to download the newer version, got so confused as the the reason nothing worked, not the old nor the new Kodak Easyshare program, that I decided to delete all KODAK from my computer, but some don't delete. NOW my dock doesn't load. (of course I deleted the program) I cannot open the old software, nor the new version. I have downloaded drivers to my download file, but don't think they are in the right file and need to be moved maybe to a drivers file? I tried to run my original Kodak Picture Software disk but it won't run. I'm in big trouble. I need my dock to work, and for the software to open up so I can work my photos. I tried downloading Kodak Transfer Software drivers from several sites, but no luck with the program working. Does anyone know to what website I should go to find the programs I need to work with my dock for a digital camera DX3500? Help would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:55 AM

Hello Roslyn, and welcome to BC.
Sorry to hear about your camera dock problems.
Kodak software is notoriously buggy, and I feel should be avoided at all cost.

Did you delete the Kodak software, or did you use Add/Remove Programs, in the Windows Control Panel?
For deleting the files that won't delete, you can try one of these free programs:
Unlocker
Delete Doctor

Sorry I can't help you with the dock problem, but I have a couple of alternative options you may be able to use, if the above doesn't help, or in case someone can't come up with a solution to your problem.

Did your camera come with a USB transfer cable?
Do your computer have an internal, or external card reader?
If so, you should be able to transfer your images, using one of those methods.

Also, in case you're interested, here's an alternative to the official Quicktime:
QuickTime Alternative 3.2.2
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:51 AM

If you don't have a card reader, there is an alternative.

Something like this would work for transferring pictures to your computer. Before I got my system that included an internal card reader, I used one of these for the memory card from my Kodak camera. As tg mentioned, the Kodak software was buggy. In addition, when I installed it, Kodak seemed to take over my computer.

#4 Roslyn Chancey

Roslyn Chancey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:03 AM

Thank you both tg1911 and Queen-Evie for responding.

I have a second computer on which the Kodak version 1.2 works. I copied the Kodak program file from this 2nd computer, and deleted the entire Kodak file in my first computer (except PSTsvc.exe won't delete).

So in the Kodak folder I added those files I had copied from my 2nd computer. So NOW my kodak file is the same as my 2nd computer.

I still cannot open the file. I tried old desktop links I was able to restore from my recycle bin, they did not open the program.

I tried clicking the pstsvc.exe link in the Programs file, and could not open it.

I know the old program required Quicktime 4. My computer has Quicktime 7, so I think that is the reason it does not work.

I would think that if the identical files are now in the 1st computer's Kodak folder as is in my 2nd computer it should work, am I right?

I mean, considering if I had Quicktime 4 also in my 1st computer? Am I correct about that? Or is is that the program must be downloaded into the 1st computer instead of being "copied" from my 2nd computer?

I tried to find a download for Quicktime 4, but the websites keep only offering the updated versions.

Also, I tried downloading the current Kodak Easyshare program and that does not download, even though this 1st computer did have that program until I deleted it.

I downloaded the Quicktime Alternative 3.2.2 and still no effect.

I had deleted Kodak Easyshare Software from the Add/Remove Programs, but instead of deleting, it just reinstalls.

I have Ultra Sentry. I will try to delete it all with that program.

Edited by Roslyn Chancey, 25 July 2010 - 02:32 AM.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:17 AM

You're welcome, Roslyn.

.... deleted the entire Kodak file in my first computer (except PSTsvc.exe won't delete).

Try re-naming the file from PSTsvc.exe to PSTsvc.bad, and then deleting it.
Have you tried any of the tools I recommended above, for removing files that can't be deleted?

I would think that if the identical files are now in the 1st computer's Kodak folder as is in my 2nd computer it should work, am I right?

Not necessarily.
Programs install components in other places, besides the Program Files folder; registry, Application Data folder, etc.
So, just copying over the Program Files folder, won't work.

Do you have a Kodak folder, in your Application Data folder?
If so, have you deleted that also?
The Application Data folder is a hidden folder.
You'll have to set windows to show hidden files, to find it:
How to see hidden files in Windows
Then navigate to:
C: \ Documents and Settings \ "your user name" \ Application Data, and see if you have a Kodak folder in there

Have you done a Start / Search / All files and folders / Kodak?
That should find anything that may have got left behind, from the uninstall.

I tried to find a download for Quicktime 4, but the websites keep only offering the updated versions.

Available here:
QuickTime 4.0

Let us know if Ultra Sentry works.

If you do ever get everything Kodak removed from your computer, I would recommend you NOT reinstall it, but that's your decision. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Roslyn Chancey

Roslyn Chancey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

Hi thanks for continued support. I tried to go to the Quicktime 4 link you provided, but my Norton Secuirty Suite 360 provided free with my Comcast internet tells me it is an unsafe site. I was going to keep a copy of the url for future use.

I am not sure if Ultra Sentry did delete the final file of Kodak, as I've been doing so much on this computer trying to fix the problem.

Norton remotely worked on my computer and did whatever to allow my disk for Kodak 1.2 to download. It also downloaded Quicktime 4. The program did open my picture files, but there was no recognition of my Koday DX3500 camera, so I could not upload those pictures from my camera. The camera shows as VGA compatible device under my manage devices list, in yellow with a ? So now that is my big problem.

When norton downloaded the Kodak Picture Software Version 1.2 an icon appeared in my bottom tray. When clicked it asked if I wanted to get pictures from my camera. I somehow lost that icon, so have no way to open pictures from my camera.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:39 PM

After you plug the camera into the computer, open My Computer from your desktop.

You *should* see something that indicates your camera has been connected to your system.

Click on it, you may be able to view your pictures and copy them to your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users