Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer had a stroke

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 mrtranswiser

mrtranswiser

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

G'day,

Last night whilst sitting on facebook, an anti-spyware program popped up doing a vrus scan, telling me that my computer is under attack/malicious software/spyware ect, and that i should update to the full version of the said anti spyware program. After about a minute, it started giving me an error message, "application cannot be opened, (filename).exe is corrupt". It happens every time i open something (notepad, paint ect).
I decided to shutdown my computer, but when i tried to turn it on again, my keyboard wouldn't work. And because i have computer login accounts, i cant access my computer at all.

Im using my mothers computer atm, and the keyboard works fine.

Is this a known problem/virus? is their anything i can do to fix it?

thanks in advance tongue.gif

Edited by mrtranswiser, 23 July 2010 - 08:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mrtranswiser

mrtranswiser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

bump

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

Getting help...

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,559 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:39 PM

Hi, mrtranswiser smile.gif

welcome.gif

Lets try throughout an external environment. You will need a XP installation CD and a flash drive. These are the first steps:

Download the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows (UBCD4WIN)

Follow the instructions in the following link to create a UBCD4WIN Recovery CD and let me know it successful. If you have a Windows XP SP1 installation CD, I would recommend you slipstream the CD to SP2 or SP3. The instructions are also available in that link. That will save you some time.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/howto.htm
  • Boot the sick computer with the UBCD4Win.
  • In order to do so, the computer must be set to boot from the CD first
    Note : For information click here
  • In the window that pops up select Launch The Ultimate Boot CD For Windows and press Enter.
    • It may take a little longer for the Desktop to appear than it does when you start your computer normally. Just let the process run itself until the desktop appears.
  • Once the desktop appears, you will receive a message asking: Do you want to start Network support?
    • Click on NO
  • You should now have a desktop that looks like this:
Let me know if successful.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Moved to new permanent home till fixed in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 mrtranswiser

mrtranswiser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:32 PM

G'day mate,
computers all good now, thanks for all the help.
Your a legend tongue.gif

#7 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,559 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users