Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Screen Saver; Acquarium That Comes With Computer; It's There And "on" But Not Working?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 help!

help!

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:42 AM

Hi,
I have a newer computer, xp, and I was using the acquarium screensaver fine for quite a while, it worked fine, and then all of a sudden (a week or so ago) it just doesn't come on anymore......I can't figure it out...........no screen saver comes on

I went into control panel and it is chosen, and I tried "applying" and restarting again, but it just doesn't seem to want to work........any suggestion?

thanks! : )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:11 AM

As far as I know, Windows XP doesn't come with the Aquarium screensaver as standard, it has to be downloaded and installed separately. It seems like your installation of that screensaver has become corrupted or some of it's files are missing even though it's still listed. The screensavers that come standard with Windows each consist of just one file (eg 'marquee.scr' for the Marquee screensaver) but aquarium screensavers can sometimes consist of a whole bunch of files once installed, so it's quite possible for it to be still listed even when some files are missing. You will need to re-install it if you can find where it was obtained from -- it's certainly not on the XP CD. I found some free one's here:

http://www.screensaver.com/download.cfm?id=3233

http://www.screensavers-online.com/aquarium.htm

If you 'google' screensavers you will find many more both free or shareware.

#3 help!

help!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:34 AM

thanks so much!

I'm guessing it had to be downloaded from something sony sent me (my computer mfr) because I had it from day one! and never downloaded anything else from the internet; so is it possible it's on one of the cds my computer came with?

I hesitate to download a brand new one from the internet, because I really liked that one.....and I don't want to "mess" anything else up......but maybe I'll never be able to figure out where it came from?

suggestions anyone?
thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users