Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antimalware doctor virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 katiekins

katiekins

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

I had the animalware doctor virus download and install on my computer last week, I think I have got rid of the actual animalware doctor programme but when I use google or go to a website using internet explorer it redirects me to different sites (usually advertising sites) and I can't get on certain sites. IE explorer is also unusally very slow on some sites and some sites are very hard to find or get on (like this one for example).

I have tried AVG, Avast and spybot search and destroy. These don't seem to be working. Avast is saying there is no virus on my computer but something is definately still on there.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of whatever is redirecting my IE browser, making it so slow and how I can double check this virus has completely gone.

I am afraid to go on my hotmail, paypal, ebay and internet banking as I am afriad as to what information this virus is after or its purpose (apart from causing havoc and pissing me off!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Katie

ETA: It was animalware doctor virus (no T in it)

Edited by katiekins, 23 July 2010 - 07:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 katiekins

katiekins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:09 AM

I have been following advice from yahoo answers and now several more virus' and malware have been picked up on (I used a combofix programme which I know know was NOT a good idea!!!

I also think it is the 'google redirect virus' i have.

Edited by katiekins, 29 July 2010 - 03:31 PM.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:34 AM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users